Sometimes when I follow the footsteps of those passing under the Lantern, they take me as far as open skies of Africa, vast plains of America, warm Mediterranean shores, charming streets of Europe, magic of Asia … and all I could do is to imagine what it would be like to have a gathering, let’s say somewhere half-way to us all, get a few drinks and talk about this blogging planet we jointly created! Would not that be just awesome to use teenage talk?
There is something about blogging that is not only addictive, but distinctively human … we leave our prints, our signs on the cyber walls so to say; we have been here, we have lived in this time. I believe it is the same compulsion; the need to be noted as an individual, to be acknowledged, that prompted the cave people to leave drawings on the walls of their dwellings. Only ‘tools’ have changed somewhat -:)!
The truth is; we may never meet, hear each other’s laughs or cries, learn to recognize each other’s voices, and in the same time we share some of the most private, most treasured of our memories, personal experiences, and points of views. We blog about our painful memories, the ways we see and experience our worlds, our joys and sorrows … we send them all floating down this cyber highway to wash in the endless ocean of humanity. I know not of anything more poignantly human!
But I am digressing -:)!
It is time to say BIG THANK YOU to two lovely ladies who nominated the Lantern for two different awards.
The first award came from lovely Sofie of Sofie’s Dairy at: http://sofiesdiary.com/ Sofie’s blog is all about ‘Being a Mum and Loving it’! Well I do not know of anything in this world more lovable than being a mum! Thank you very much Sofie!
The second award came from intriguing blogger Once4Always at: http://once4always.wordpress.com/ Well Once4Always is all about intriguing ideas, lingering talks, random thoughts …! Thank you very much!
As usual both awards have rules, and those are:
- Display the award logo on your blog,
- Link back to the person who nominated you,
- State seven things about yourself,
- Nominate fifteen other bloggers for this award and link to them,
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
As one and two are safely accomplished, here are those seven things … as I have had few of those opportunities to list seven things about me, I am trying not to repeat the one already stated! Here we go:
- I long to spend few months travelling from Bled to Ohrid,
- I loathe bigots of any kind,
- My daughter is my biggest love,
- I am working on adopting the following approach to life: ‘Eating is optional, writing is not’, so I can quit, or at least significantly reduce my day job and just write!
- When writing prose I feel like a builder who joins one brick to another, but
- When writing poetry I fell like a lace maker who joins one delicate, precise detail to another,
- I have always wanted to travel through Africa.
Now to the best part:
The following are my nominations. As always, my nominations are motivated primarily by good wishes and often include those relatively new to blogging as a form of encouragement:
Best of Luck to All -:)!