Today is exactly five months since first ever post was published on the Lantern!
While we all know that five months is virtually no time at all in blogosphere, there is a feeling of coming of age on the Lantern -:)!
And this feeling stems not so much from the length of time the Lantern has been glowing in the blogosphere, but more from what has happened during that time.
The Lantern started very shyly, and her little light only flickered in the vastness of cyber space. Many hours have been spent pondering about it, arranging and re-arranging the Lantern’s appearances, reading and admiring many, many creative, inspirational, and overall great blogs. There was a time when the Lantern felt quite inadequate. Still, her keeper kept on kindling and loving her.
And then some things started to happen … from time to time the Lantern sparkled like Christmas’s star in a child’s hand, and her glass clinked with excitement while she whispered to her keeper: ‘Oh look, look, someone just passed by … someone has found us, and left us something, just for you and me!’
With every visitor she became more, and more excited, until her keeper had to strengthen her old body, and polish her glass from the mist she would create on those nights few passed by.
And without even knowing it; the Lantern was coming of age.
Because in five months she published 100 posts, and when her light illuminates these words, the Lantern will count 101 posts.
In July, after only two months of blogging, the Lantern was featured on Freshly Pressed … her glass was misty for days after that.
Many kind souls found in their hearts to nominate the Lantern for number of blogging awards.
By now, the Lantern received more than 13,000 visits, and over 400 people decided to follow the Lantern!
While neither the Lantern nor her keeper ever think of any visitor or follower as statistics, we both know well that none this would have ever happened, without all of YOU dear blogging friends!
And how can we ever thank you?
How can we ever thank you in thousands different languages, scattered on all continents of this wonderful and wondering world … we know we could never do the justice, but still we will try our best;
Thank you/Hvala Puno with all our hearts to EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU;
- Those who visit, read, leave little glowing ‘like’ stars, comments, observations, thoughts,
- Those who quietly send us an email to let us know we have misspelled the word in our post, and to correct it quickly before many sees it! So we do not write ‘put the kettle on’, as I am afraid we did! And many similar blunders beside!
- Those who, despite endless number of blogs on offer, email us to ask where are the updates on the Lantern!
- Those who let us know, also ‘on a side’ via email, that the photo of a product in our last post is actually out of date!
- Those who blog in languages we do not know, and use Google translator to the delight of both parties!
- Those who nudge us and encourage us to write and keep writing … to tell our story!
- Those who re-assured us over and over again that really there is no need to worry about making mistakes in our writings!
- The ‘list’ can go on for ever and it will still be short … before the Lantern become too misty again, we can only say
We are truly, truly grateful!
And we wish you all love and peace wherever you are!