- I am deeply honoured and humbled to have been nominated for this award, and
- I am a little bit embarrassed to have received yet another nomination so soon after the last ones!
As you know I love blogging and our blogging community and because of that can never resist sharing awards around as it gives me a chance to nominate other bloggers -:)! On the other hand, having received a few awards already, I feel that it is time to say; when thinking of nominations, please consider the other deserving bloggers in place of the Lantern Post!
Having said all of that, I am delighted to thank a wonderful blogger who nominated me; Asha Seth at: http://ashaseth.wordpress.com/ Asha’s blog; ‘A Cauldron of Thoughts!’ is amazing, both textually and visually. Please take a moment to visit.
As with any award there are rules and questions to answer!
The questions Asha set for me are:
- A book that changed your life?
While there was more than one book that has left a lasting impression on me, as I have to choose only one it will be ‘The Alchemist’ by Paolo Coelho.
- Your favorite Author/Writer?
I really and truly cannot chose just one, because they are at least two; Dostoyevsky since my teens, and Coelho more recently.
- Got a Pet? Which one?
My daughter and I had two pets; a dog called Sindy and a cat called Indie. Unfortunately neither of them is still around.
- Craziest thing you’ve done?
Moved around the globe pregnant and without knowing language of the country I was moving to … while I refer to it as the ‘craziest’ thing I have ever done, it was also a ‘thing’ that defined me in so many ways, and I have never regret it.
- Your Best Friend?
My friend Wendy!
- A childhood prank you still remember?
Tricking a fellow classmate into asking our teacher rather awaked question … sorry the times were quite different back then!
- Favorite Music Band/Artist?
- A place you’d love to visit?
Many … but Paris and Moscow the most.
- If you had just 5 minutes left to live, what is the one thing you’d do?
Hug my daughter.
- Favorite Sport?
I enjoy playing table tennis, but I love watching gymnastics and figure skating.
- How do you define LOVE?
I could never find a better definition than the one R.M. Rilke coined; ‘For one human being to love another is perhaps the most difficult task of all, the epitome, the ultimate test. It is that striving for which all other striving is merely preparation.’
My 11 nominations are:
To all of my nominated bloggers -;)!
- If you accept the award and chose to participate the rules are:
- Display the award image on your blog,
- Answered the questions below,
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and either use the same questions, or make your own for them to answer,
- Credit the one who nominated you, although this is not mandatory.
The questions for you are:
- What was the title of the first book (including a picture book) you have read?
- Can you still remember the name of a person you first kissed?
- Who is your favourite writer and why?
- If you can be one famous person for a year who would you chose to be and why?
- Where in the world would you like to live your last days on Earth?
- If you can invite five famous people to your home for dinner, who would you invite and why?
- If you can have one talent what would it be?
- Who is the most important person in your life?
- Have you ever lived for more than a year outside your home country?
- What is the scariest thing you can imagine?
- If you have a one wish for the world that would come true what would it be?
Thank you very much to everyone who decides to share the kindness around the blogosphere!
Daniela (aka: the Lantern’s keeper -:)))!