Dawn knocked loudly on my windows; fierce and unrelenting inside torrents of rain and wind. It rejected my attempt to look outside. Brewing coffee presented itself as a natural solution. There is always something comforting in a fragrance of freshly brewed coffee. Something familiar. Like when you open your email and found loads of new writings from people all over the globe. As I did this morning. So you know there are others like you. Wordsmiths, catchers of thoughts. And you salute them. Standing in the same line. While rain shells an island deeper into Pacific.
Today one hand reached me all the way from the waste landscapes of America. Wonderful blogger on all things tech who manages to bring technology alive in an approachable yet entertaining manner in her posts at shareachair.
She pressed an award in my uncertain hand. Our times’ version of a hug. An electronic one. To say; ‘Your words travelled and found me, and I liked them. So here you have it’. This is how I choose to see it. And for that, for that electronic hug, for that thought I truly am grateful.
It is a gift that provided me with an unexpected opportunity to shout big THANK YOU (HVALA in Croatian) to you all. I hope everyone can hear it; I am shouting from the top of a hill in a pouring rain!
My Lantern will be only two months old next weekend. It illuminated my words and made them travel to places I may never do. It is an honour.
The rules of this Award are:
- Give credit to the awesome person who nominated you,
- Describe seven things about yourself,
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
My list of seven things about me:
(Note: Bear with me; I never had to list seven things about me before -:)!
- I am scared of dark. I know that I have long passed the age when this is acceptable. But I still can’t see in the dark. So I always leave my lantern on,
- The Little Match Girl is my all-time favourite fairy-tale. I still wish to warm her hands in mine,
- I am tall and have finally stopped trying to make myself look shorter,
- When I think of love, this is what I mean: ‘For one human being to love another is perhaps the most difficult task of all, the epitome, the ultimate test. It is that striving for which all other striving is merely preparation’. (R M Rilke)
- Facing any form of cruelty saddens me deeply and profoundly,
- I have watched Forest Gump so many times that DVD no longer functions,
- If I can have one single wish it would be to erase children’s sufferings from the globe.
And now I would like to nominate the following 15 bloggers for this Award. Please note that I understand completely if you choose not to participate. As the saying goes; ‘No strings attached’!